Big Chop is synonymised for providing high quality handmade Tasmanian Timber chopping /presentation boards, knife blocks and knife racks.
Now the tradition continues with the launch of our range of our salt and pepper mills.
Like all our products, we source premium timbers that are responsibly harvested. Our skilled artisans then “turn” these timbers into salt and pepper mills that harness the natural beauty of the woods.
Big Chop salt and pepper mills are made from a selection of these stunning Tasmanian Timbers:
- Tasmanian Blackwood (Acacia melanoxylon)
- Dark brown, often with narrow bands of lighter colour. Sometimes reddish streaks are also present.
- Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii)
- Rich red to reddish brown and orange tones.
- Celery Top Pine (Phyllocladus aspleniifolius)
- Pale yellow and darkens to a mellow rose gold hue over time.
Naturally to compliment these stunning timbers and high-quality designs we have chosen the finest grinding mechanisms made in Denmark.
Big Chop Mill features:
- Handmade in Tasmanian Australia.
- Made from sustainable timbers.
- More contemporary designs to differentiate from traditional look.
- Outstanding ceramic grinding mechanism for the salt mills.
- Outstanding stainless-steel grinding mechanism for pepper mills.
- Easy to clean just wipe with a damp cloth and buff dry.
- For aesthetics and easy distinction between salt and pepper mills we have the reversed the timber combinations, and the pepper mill features a black dot on it’s top.
- Mills are available in 13cm and 18cm heights. Size and timber colours may vary slightly.
- Larger sized mills are available on request.