Big Chop is synonymised for providing high quality handmade Tasmanian Timber chopping /presentation boards, knife blocks and knife racks. Now the tradition continues with the launch of our range of our salt and pepper mills.
Like all our products, we source premium timbers that are responsibly harvested. Our skilled artisans then “turn” these timbers into salt and pepper mills that harness the natural beauty of the woods.
Waisted180 Pepper Mill is made predominantly from Tasmanian Myrtle, darker naturally with Huon Pine highlights.
- Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii)
Rich red to reddish brown and orange tones.
Waisted180 Salt Mill is made predominantly from Huon Pine, lighter naturally with Myrtle highlights.
- Huon Pine Lagarostrobos franklinii
Pale yellow and darkens to a mellow rose gold hue over time.
Naturally to compliment these stunning timbers and high-quality designs we have chosen the finest grinding mechanisms made in Denmark.
Big Chop Mill features:
- Handmade in Tasmanian Australia.
- Made from sustainable timbers.
- A more contemporary design to differentiate from a traditional look by
featuring an elegant waist enhanced by vertical timber highlights.
- Outstanding ceramic grinding mechanism for the salt mills.
- Outstanding stainless-steel grinding mechanism for pepper mills.
- Easy to clean just wipe with a damp cloth and buff dry.
- These mills are a very useful 180mm in height. Size and timber colours
may vary slightly.
- Larger sized mills are available on request.
Salt only $95
Pepper only $95
Salt & Pepper Set $170