Big Chop is synonymised for providing high quality handmade Tasmanian Timber chopping & presentation boards, knife blocks and knife racks. Now the tradition continues with the launch of our range of our salt and pepper mills.
Like all our products, we source premium timbers that are responsibly harvested. Our skilled artisans then “turn” these timbers into salt and pepper mills that harness the natural beauty of the woods.
Tapered300 Pepper Mill is made from Tasmanian Myrtle, darker naturally.
- Myrtle (Nothofagus cunninghamii)
Rich red to reddish brown and orange tones.
Tapered300 Salt Mill is made from Huon Pine, lighter naturally.
- Huon Pine Lagarostrobos franklinii
Pale yellow and darkens to a mellow rose gold hue over time.
Naturally to compliment these stunning timbers and high-quality designs we have chosen the finest grinding mechanisms made in Denmark.
Big Chop Mill features:
- Handmade in Tasmania, Australia
- Made from sustainable timbers.
- A more contemporary design to differentiate from a traditional look by tapering in from the base up to a beautifully crafted ergonomic top.
- Outstanding ceramic grinding mechanism for the salt mills.
- Outstanding stainless-steel grinding mechanism for pepper mills.
- Easy to clean just wipe with a damp cloth and buff dry.
- These mills make a statement for any table being tall 300mm in height. Size and timber colours may vary slightly.
- Larger sized mills are available on request.
Salt only $125
Pepper only $125
Salt & Pepper Set $225